Keep Your "Knows" Clean


We have all heard the idiom "keep your nose clean", it denotes staying out of trouble or keeping oneself from anything that would shed doubt upon ones character. Most of the time it is used in books by detectives or police officers toward a suspect.

Today, I seek to do a play on words with this idiom. I ask that you, the reader, and I myself "keep our knows clean"!

We all "know"something about somebody that if it were known to others could cause harm. The fact is that we know nothing. We see things through carnal eyes with clouded vision, our wisdom, our knowledge, it is vastly small compared to the wisdom of God. He alone can look beyond the outward to pierce deep into the heart and soul of n individual.

I would submit that instead of professing to know anything detrimental to the character of another that we replace what we know with something "clean".

Instead of being negative and critical of someone who may have a problem with lying or over reacting, replace that which you know with something else you know but may overlook due to your criticism.

Trade out, "I know they lie alot", with "they are very faithful to church."
"They always make fun of others"... with "They are friendly"
"They don't even know the minor doctrines of the Bible"... with "Boy they sure do worship with all their hearts"

The more we change the way we view people the easier it will be to love like Christ loved. We need not overlook sin, but we are not called to be the judge of every man, we are called to lead others to Him!

1st Corinthians 10:12-Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.

No comments: