He HATH Heard

Daniel 10:12-14 - Then said he unto me, Fear not, Daniel: for from the first day that thou didst set thine heart to understand, and to chasten thyself before thyr God, thy words were heard, and I am come for thy words. But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days: but, lo, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me; and I remained there with the kings of Persia. Now I am come...

I have been away from my writings for quite some time. We have been battling some things here in our family. Doctors visits, ER trips, misdiagnosis, extreme sickness, all factors that have acted as a force that has withstood against us. Today I share with you for a brief moment a scripture setting that has really spoke to our family as of late.

This setting shows us an answer to a question that looms in the back of our minds, though often not talked about, a question of "Are my prayers being heard?"

It is during these times that we begin to play the role of Job's "friends" to ourselves. We question our walk with God, we accuse ourselves of wrong doing, we reel back through time and try to pin point that moment in time that we angered our Father. (This is insight as to where I have been) For over a month now my wife has been plagued with sickness and pain, prayers have been made, fasting has occurred on more than one occasion, and yet... Nothing!

I have seen God answer prayer instantaneously. I have seen healings take place right before my eyes. I have seen people that didn't even love God or want anything to do with the church, and yet they walked away from a service or a prayer meeting with complete healing. Why not us? Why not now?

These are ordinary questions and they are just a part of our humanity. We all at times have them. However, we do not dwell upon them. Job asked God over 30 questions while going through his trial! This man of integrity, a man that God placed enough confidence in to submit him, yea even hand pick him, to prove to the devil that his (that is satans) power is limited. Can we question God and still be saved? Absolutely. We can shout, scream, cry out in frustration, but when the answer is clear... We must obey. At times we will question His methods but the only thing that turns our questioning into sin is when we question His motives. Regardless of the methods, His motives are always pure, and always with our best interests in mind.

This scripture in Daniel tells me, that although we may not receive an answer to our prayer immediately, He hears it the very second we utter it and the answer is on it's way! It was shortly after being directed to this scripture and having rehearsed by those within my sphere of influence that things have began to turn around for our family. Take courage Christian soldier, He HATH heard and WILL answer in due season you shall reap if you faint not.

God bless!

No comments: